SYNERGY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SYNERGY

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application :)

Go down 
+3
amAze
kyz
miSc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
miSc

miSc

Application :) Empty
PostSubject: Application :)   Application :) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:57 pm

Hello Syn!

Well as the title states, I am interested in joining SYN.
Most of you know me in game as "miSc", but my real name is Anders (.. but mostly nick'ed Andy..).
I am 38 years old and married to the most amazing woman in the world, she made me write that.....
Born and raised in Denmark.

I've played Quake since as long as I can remember, quake1, quake2, quake3, quake4, and now ofcourse Quakelive. I wasen't active much in Europe in q3, as I spent most of my time in US servers. Played in various leagues and ladders, along with a few other europeans. Specifically we played Excessive and excessive plus, based on Mr. Pants mod. The demand was growing for more competition, so we created Xcessiveleague.com which were a great success. But as quake3 died out, activity went down.. so did the league. After a long break, I found my way to Quakelive. Joined in january this year, and instantly found my way to instagib.

Then I bumped into some new people, mataina, orgovan, turok, ksky.. etc I was asked to join iCTF*, which I accepted. Figured it would be a good way to learn some inside knowledge, and get more aquainted with instagib. Soon though we realized that we wanted to grow as a clan, become better players .. action had to be done. The throne was rushed, the king was removed from his place "Straferail". By default I became the new leader, and as we got organised so did I our game.

Soon we joined various cups, gained new members and did quite well for a new team on the block.

Well after the last cup, I felt it was time for me to back out. Work was busy, and I needed more FREE time to enjoy playing instead of taking care of admin duties. Also a good time for the players to consider their current position, move on? stay or explore new grounds.

I am still very much interested in competition, and therefore I am applying to join SYN. A good solid bunch of people that I know and get along with. There wasen't many obvious choices on the table, it could only be SYN or CON for me. Both have a good interesting group of skilled, mature, and well-liked people. But it also offers me a chance to improve and level up, learning and training with a better team.

Work situation is stable now and will be for a good time ahead, and so I will be playing alot more in 2013.

I hope this was helpful in giving you an idea of who i am. Hopefully, you will consider me.
If you have ANY questions, just shoot... Smile

-miSc
Back to top Go down
kyz

kyz

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:30 pm

nice to see you here

gl bro

ps. what positions do you prefer to play on?
Back to top Go down
amAze

amAze

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:55 pm

Good choice to post for us instead of con Very Happy

Welcome to our humble forums (who can use some change again, key!?!?!), hope u enjoy your stay and GL&HF with the whole process!
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 pm

I've always been a defender, but I can play mid and attack aswell on certain maps. But yes.. usually Defense. Smile
Back to top Go down
s.

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 pm

ACCEPTED!

/LOCKED.
Back to top Go down
kyz

kyz

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 11:01 am

jad ur gay
Back to top Go down
sico

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 12:32 pm

what's your favourite music band - if not Metalica then insta F2 from me. gg
Back to top Go down
amAze

amAze

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 3:55 pm

ho fuck srsly that jadzia Very Happy damn, thought u would have commited suicide by now clown
Happy ur alive bud!

Metallica makes noise, not music sico.........
Back to top Go down
sico

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm

U know fucking nothing about truly music. Metallica is NON PC shit music. Truly talent. Not PC craps like you like listening to ^^. AWARDS ALBMUS 30 YEARS ON TOP! DEAL WITH IT BRO! 100 000 stadions every week! come ooon noone shit d j can do that ! 30 years! COME OOOOOOOOOON!
Back to top Go down
amAze

amAze

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 4:59 pm

u have no idea what i listen too... and i have seen this bloody metallica more live then you prolly Wink

just for me, its noise atm, except some of there shitz, but its deffinatly not a band worth mentioning of any imporatance to misc his joining into synergy!
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 6:57 pm

Haha..

My music taste is very versatile, but ofcourse I like Metaliica. Infact, I have a set of drumsticks that belonged to their lead drummer Lars Ulrik.
I use to play drums myself, and my sister's boyfriend knew Lars waaaay back.. they met in US. I can't remember the full story, but I ended up with a signed pair of B-sticks from Lars Smile

Oh.. did I mention, my wife has 2 cats and a rabbit. She said that would be very important for you guys to know, and would help my case. lol

santa
Back to top Go down
s.

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm

im not jad , im kamikaze olol bro
Back to top Go down
sico

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 7:45 am

miSc wrote:
Haha..

My music taste is very versatile, but ofcourse I like Metaliica. Infact, I have a set of drumsticks that belonged to their lead drummer Lars Ulrik.
I use to play drums myself, and my sister's boyfriend knew Lars waaaay back.. they met in US. I can't remember the full story, but I ended up with a signed pair of B-sticks from Lars Smile

Oh.. did I mention, my wife has 2 cats and a rabbit. She said that would be very important for you guys to know, and would help my case. lol

santa

Lars Ulrik? Shocked

Ulrich ffs! definitely insta f2 from my side after this fail : ( lol!

just kidding, good luck man. See ya in arena with us.
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:06 am

Thats how his named is spelled in Denmark Razz

/rcon kick miSc ! >.<
Back to top Go down
sico

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyFri Dec 21, 2012 10:23 am

miSc wrote:
Thats how his named is spelled in Denmark Razz

/rcon kick miSc ! >.<

well ye it's possible!
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:16 pm

So how does this work?

All clans / teams have their own way of figuring these things out.
Do you have a vote (poll), ask all to give a their vote?
Do you just ask around..
Do I toddle around for a few months, untill you know me better and then decide?

I'm not being impatient, just wondering how you do it here. Smile
Back to top Go down
sico

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 4:22 pm

1st of all you have to play some cws with us. Do not think we will have some soon - Christmas time - but when we will have we will ask you to play. Yes then something like voting comes. F1/F2.
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: !   Application :) EmptySat Dec 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Ah ok, sounds fun! Wink
Back to top Go down
kyz

kyz

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptySun Dec 23, 2012 1:48 am

its not complicated really,

u just play with us for a while and after a time when we see u fit in our team we'll let u know
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Holding my breath in suspense! Smile

I've had some fun games with most of you lately, in particular sico, maze, key.
It's always a pleasure playing with you on a team. You control your game, calm focused and methodically. Which is exactly what I'm looking for.
Except for maze... he just attacks like a monkey on speed. . . lol Razz

I'm also slowly getting my game back, after not playing for several weeks in december. It's just like riding a bike...

What a Face
Back to top Go down
amAze

amAze

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:53 pm

hahaha monkey on speed Very Happy I can identify with that while playing man, so true Very Happy
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 3:16 pm

Hey guys Smile

Please don't take this the wrong way, or think im impatient.

I understand the process, and the fact that you need to figure out if I fit in. If I am skilled enough, if I belong, if I have something to contribute to the team.
But in all due fairness of the situation, I would like to know something soon.. Do I stand a decent chance of getting in, or are you just leading me on to be "polite".
Thing is, I am very keen on getting involved with the next round of competition. Therefore I need to practice with the team and get myself on the level where I can produce results. I'm an "old" man now, and don't have many places to go or teams to choose from. I chose SYN, because of it's quality gaming, high level, good people, and activity in competitions and like.

So if I DO have a chance, and if you are interested. Than I hope for a decision soon, so I can get started. Ofcourse im practicing on my own as much as I can, and play with you all when the chance offers itself. Already had the pleasure of playing with several of you in war, pickup and random games. Maze knows me well, and often played on the same team together. Burz, asd, hectic should know me aswell.

Again.. please don't take it the wrong way, just eager to get started. Hoping for the best. What a Face

-miSc (Andy).
Back to top Go down
amAze

amAze

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:42 pm

would be lame if we are leading you on.. hope thats not the case.. ill do some research xD
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:40 am

Ah yes, but you know what I mean.. Razz
Back to top Go down
miSc

miSc

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 3:25 pm

Hey everybody...

I was told lastnight that the voting has started, and so Im very excited and hopeful.
I also feel like I need to level with you all...
Some of you came on lastnight to see me playing, and unfortunately it was a dissapointing display on my part.
However there IS a reason behind this, and I want to tell you why. (Not using it as an excuse of any kind, but simply explaining why.)

Lately I've had issues concentrating in game, can't focus on playing. The reason behind this is that Im filled with worries for my wife.
To keep it short .. She has to have surgery done, and a really risky one too.

So first coming out of a dead month of december, trying to get my game up again and now this. It's not going well, but I will continue to fight through it.
But some of you have seen me play before this, and you should know I have more to offer than what your seeing right now. I will get it back, I promise you that. I believe I can be an asset to this team, it's just a matter of clearing my head and fight. I really want to lift my game, learn from you and contribute to keep SYN in the lead.

Besides, if I do get in.. I don't exspect to play right away. I will train and play as much as I can, till im fit for official matches. But Im beggin for the chance, I know I can provide results. You must have faith in me. There is nowhere else I would like to be..

Hoping and crossing my fingers. Shocked Wink

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application :)   Application :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Application :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next